About

There are many interesting things out there.
Over here, it's pretty much all them geeky stuff like Magic: the Gathering, anime and video games.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Vocaloid 2 Fun

So I started playing around with the Vocaloid program a couple of days ago.  I've always wanted to try it out and now I finally have the chance.

Overall, the program's not to difficult to use, though there are a lot of little details that must be worked out in order to produce a decent song.  I'm nowhere near pro, but I think I'm on the way to at least be competent.  The user must have a hefty amount of prior music knowledge, such as understanding of notations, tones, dynamics, techniques, and so forth.  It takes a while to get used to the functions of each aspect, which all play important roles in making the digital singer sound as smooth as possible.

What Vocaloid program would be complete without the digital singer Hatsune Miku (see previous post)?  Of course, I had to choose Miku as my pop idol of choice.  Here's a song that I uploaded to YouTube earlier.  It's a Hatsune Miku version of "Euterpe," the oft-played insert song from Guilty Crown.


Remember, Miku's a digital entity.  She's not going to sound as real or accurate as a human vocalist... but regardless, I like the possibilities that are spawning from Vocaloid 2.  Maybe I can do a butchered version of an English song in the future?


0 comments:

Post a Comment